From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Conference call with lawyers
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:20:54
1 Stuart Herbert wrote: [Sun Nov 19 2006, 12:37:24PM CST]
2 > Can you incorporate a company in the US w/out submitting a copy of the
3 > bylaws at the time? I wouldn't be surprised to find we have a set of
4 > off-the-shelf bylaws actually in place atm.
5
6 Yes, you can. We have a fairly extensive Articles of Incorporation,
7 but they are distinct from the bylaws.
8
9 Incidentally, if we ever wanted to consider tax-deductible status
10 (501.c.3 instead of 501.c.6), our current Articles would probably
11 prevent it, since they weren't written with that possibility in mind.
12 When we reincorporate, we really should write more flexible Articles.
13 (The Python Software Foundation's AoI ought to be a decent template.)
14
15 -g2boojum-
16 --
17 Grant Goodyear
18 Gentoo Developer
19 g2boojum@g.o
20 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
21 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76