From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 23:15:53
1 On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 16:07 -0700, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
2 > The Foundation/Trustees have been around for I believe four years
3
4 Failing in just about every possible way since 05. No financial
5 reporting, and culmination was charter being revoked in 07.
6
7 > , in that time only once has a person held over lapping roles. Why do
8 > we think suddenly every person on Trustee may overlap? It seems so
9 > very unlikely. And even if they did, that means that we voted for them
10 > to fill the role, so do we now not even trust ourselves to cast the
11 > right vote?
12
13 Fail safes, so get over it. Your making it a much bigger deal than it
14 is.
15
16 > So do we also restrict people from being on more than one team?
17
18 That should likely be looked at but is the council's place.
19
20 > What if one team is deemed to be 'not doing well', should they resign
21 > from other teams to focus on that one team,
22
23 Possibly, priorities.
24
25 > or resign from that team so it doesn’t drag down their efforts on
26 > other teams?
27
28 Another option, but not doing anything and letting projects/teams suffer
29 is not a solution either.
30
31 Both Java and amd64 suffered from my time loss to the
32 trustees/foundation. Both will gain now from my resignation. Even then,
33 if I dropped amd64, that's more focus for Java. But really I did amd64
34 as a compliment to Java. Since there were delays with keywording and
35 stabilization.
38 William L. Thomson Jr.
39 Gentoo Linux Developer