From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation Trustee Elections 2013: Nominations closing soon, voting period
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 14:57:22
1 On 13.7.2013 3.42, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2-aBrp7R+bbdUdnm+yROfE0A@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Reviewing the mailing lists, I see the following nominees thus far:
4 >
5 > It is worth noting that if I end up getting elected to Council (which
6 > I won't know until the nomination period is over) we'll have fewer
7 > nominees than open positions, and as things currently stand there
8 > won't be much of an election anyway even if I don't end up on Council.
9 >
10 > Vacant trustee positions are not a good thing - I'd strongly encourage
11 > anybody who is interested (and willing to put in the effort) to
12 > consider running. If anybody would like to chat about what it means
13 > to be a Trustee/etc feel free to ping me in whatever media works for
14 > you...
15 >
16 > Rich
20 First sorry if this is a duplicate. I tried first through gmane but
21 since at least the web interface does not show my message I am posting
22 again through a regular subscription.
23
24 I misnoted the timeframe of the nomination period so sorry about writing
25 this so late in the period. I think it's important to fill all positions
26 so I am willing to run in the elections. I am currently on the boards of
27 four limited liability companies in Finland (chairman of one) which can
28 hopefully provide some useful background to being a trustee. I am not
29 sure if I can nominate myself but consider this an acceptance in case it
30 must be someone else and it happens after this email
31
32 Regards,
33 Petteri