From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Non-contactable Members
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 08:53:35
1 Dnia July 10, 2019 6:28:58 AM UTC, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
2 >>>>>> On Tue, 09 Jul 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Greg Kroah-Hartman
5 >
6 >> Last voted in 2012.
7 >Retired (as developer) in 2018.
8 >
9 >>> Theo Chatzimichos
10 >
11 >> Last voted in 2016.
12 >Retired in April 2017.
13 >
14 >>> Markos Chandras
15 >
16 >> Last voted in 2013.
17 >Retired in 2018.
18 >
19 >>> Jonathan Vasquez
20 >
21 >> Never voted.
22 >Retired in 2018.
23 >
24 >>> Pavlos Ratis
25 >
26 >> Last voted in 2016.
27 >Retired in April 2017.
28 >
29 >>> Jeffrey Gardner
30 >
31 >> Last voted in 2013.
32 >Retired in 2018.
33 >
34 >>> Alex Brandt
35 >
36 >> Last voted in 2016.
37 >Retired in 2018.
38 >
39 >> All the people listed above should have been removed from member list
40 >> per the standing policy.
41 >
42 >As I interpret the policy, that rule doesn't apply to active
43 >developers?
44
45 Yes. It is like this because they could request being readded immediately, so it's pointless to remove them while they're active.
46
47 >So missing two consecutive votes would be counted from the date of
48 >their
49 >retirement? The eligibility cutoff for the 2017 election was at
50 >2017-07-05, so the above would only apply for devs who have retired
51 >before that date.
52
53 I don't see why it would be. In the previous years, we have been applying the 2 years rule to all members who weren't devs at removal time, even if they were recently retired.
54
55 People can reapply if they really care. Assuming that people who hadn't cared for foundation affairs for over two years, and who afterwards either resigned from being devs or were retired for inactivity, would suddenly become interested and active doesn't seem right. If we keep dead members for years we'll never reach quorum.
58 >Please correct me if I am mistaken.
59 >
60 >Ulrich
64 Best regards,