From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Split Trustees and Officers organization was -> Gentoo Foundation bank account
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:58:47
On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 17:20 -0700, Blackace wrote:
> > Also remember, when a corp opens a bank account (or makes really any > other decision about the corp), the officers of the corp, which I gather > is the trustees at this point, need to meet and vote on a resolution to > open the account, and this needs to be documented in the books of the > corp...yes, a lot of people skip this step, but skipping it's generally > not a good idea, it's easy enough to meet and say "let's open an account > with XYZ", "second", etc., and the president could just print out the > IRC log, sign it, and send it to the secretary for their signature and > to store it with the rest of the records.
To address the organizational structure and relationship between Trustees and Officers as I see it. Again trustees decide, officers act, and cannot decide or act without trustees decision. That is trustees meet, vote, and decide on a course of action. Which is then passed down to the officers to enact. The officers will only act to the will of the trustees, and/or their intended roles. Secretary recording say meeting logs, providing summaries, etc. Right now this is convoluted because of the dual role aspect. But we are still re-creating and fixing the broken foundation. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation