From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 03:48:13
1 On 10/13/2016 10:33 PM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 >
3 >> On Oct 13, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Some definitions
6 >> - All devs are staff
7 >> - All staff are foundation members
8 >> - All foundation members are staff
9 >> - All foundation members are voting
10 >> - You can be staff without being a dev (forum, bugs, irc)
11 >> - Foundation membership is automatically revoked if you miss two
12 >> Foundation elections (not sure if this needs to change)
15 > So what happens, exactly, when a dev misses two elections?
19 I'm not certain, I personally don't think that alone should be enough
20 for retirement, but perhaps a probation for a year (til next election)
21 then retirement if they don't vote again?
24 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)