From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-managers] I met with my lawyer
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:40:24
1 On Friday 16 April 2004 23:16, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > Gentoo Technologies, Inc. will transfer the copyrights and trademarks to
3 > the Gentoo Foundation. In exchange, the Gentoo Foundation will grant Daniel
4 > Robbins & Gentoo Technologies, Inc. perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free
5 > use of the "Gentoo" trademark and "G" logo. This will allow me to continue
6 > to run the Gentoo Store if I want.
7
8 Also have a statement that if in some way the foundation either seizes to
9 exist or fails in using the trademark for more than 2 years (time TBD) the
10 trademark ownership will fall back to Daniel Robbins (or Gentoo Technologies,
11 Inc.) This will cover the case where the NFP collapses.
12
13 > If you have any suggestions for improvement or for coordinator/project lead
14 > structure, try to see if you can suggest it so that it can work in the
15 > context of what I've just outlined above.
16
17 Feedback is important! Even if it is just supportive.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Gentoo Developer