From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.1 Place of Meetings
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:29:49
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
5 > I think we need to be clear an concise here. All meetings must be openly
6 > available to the public to attend, and/or at minimum foundation members.
7 >
8 > Also I think we should state that meetings are held in #gentoo-trustees
9 > IRC channel on freenode.net. No where else, and always done
10 > electronically.
11
12 I don't agree with this limitation. First, don't forget that the
13 Trustees election is a "meeting" of sorts and that it isn't conducted
14 through IRC, but through mail. Also, as RB was arguing, why should we
15 limit ourselves to #gentoo-trustees on the freenode IRC network? The
16 point about the 10 day advanced notice is also important.
19 > There will be no meetings at a principle office location that does not
20 > exist. Nor are there any plans for the trustees to meet in person
21 > anywhere. I am not sure that has ever happened. Till either of those
22 > changes, I see no point to them being included or mentioned.
23
24 If some day trustees end up meeting on LWE, FOSDEM, Gentoo-UK or some
25 other exhibit/show, do you really want them to have to update the
26 bylaws so that they can conduct a meeting?
29 > Something like
30 >
31 > "All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend..
32 > Meetings are conducted electronically and are held in #gentoo-trustees
33 > IRC channel on freenode.net."
34
35 What about the following?
36
37 All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend and
38 will be announced at least 10 days before the meeting.
39 Meetings will usually be conducted electronically in the
40 #gentoo-trustees IRC channel on the freenode network.
43 > --
44 > William L. Thomson Jr.
45 > amd64/Java/Trustees
46 > Gentoo Foundation