From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.1 Place of Meetings
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:29:49

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.  wrote:
> I think we need to be clear an concise here. All meetings must be openly > available to the public to attend, and/or at minimum foundation members. > > Also I think we should state that meetings are held in #gentoo-trustees > IRC channel on No where else, and always done > electronically.
I don't agree with this limitation. First, don't forget that the Trustees election is a "meeting" of sorts and that it isn't conducted through IRC, but through mail. Also, as RB was arguing, why should we limit ourselves to #gentoo-trustees on the freenode IRC network? The point about the 10 day advanced notice is also important.
> > There will be no meetings at a principle office location that does not > exist. Nor are there any plans for the trustees to meet in person > anywhere. I am not sure that has ever happened. Till either of those > changes, I see no point to them being included or mentioned.
If some day trustees end up meeting on LWE, FOSDEM, Gentoo-UK or some other exhibit/show, do you really want them to have to update the bylaws so that they can conduct a meeting?
> > Something like > > "All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend.. > Meetings are conducted electronically and are held in #gentoo-trustees > IRC channel on"
What about the following? All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend and will be announced at least 10 days before the meeting. Meetings will usually be conducted electronically in the #gentoo-trustees IRC channel on the freenode network.
> > -- > William L. Thomson Jr. > amd64/Java/Trustees > Gentoo Foundation > >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.1 Place of Meetings Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>