From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-core] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 16:48:09
1 I've been handling most of the lawyer stuff since zhen passed it off to
2 me. It's something i enjoy doing, and would like to continue doing so if
3 I'm reelected.
6 On Thu, 5 May 2005, Grant Goodyear wrote:
7
8 > Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 11:25:50 -0500
9 > From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
10 > To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
11 > Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
12 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-core] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
13 >
14 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote: [Thu May 05 2005, 11:14:09AM CDT]
15 >
16 > > Along the same lines, would it be appropriate to ask people who are
17 > > renominating themselves what they have done to fix pressing issues like
18 > > the copyright assignment nonsense, getting the trademark over to Gentoo
19 > > and fixing the store situation?
20 >
21 > Yes, but some of those are harder to answer. I've written up a draft
22 > transfer doc that, if approved by both parties, would certainly solve
23 > the first two issues. Legal counsel will certainly need to get
24 > involved, and unfortunately that's something that trustees (both the
25 > current ones and the soon-to-be-elected ones) are not
26 > allowed to talk about, since doing so could break privilege.
27 >
28 > What exactly is "the store situation" that needs to be fixed? The
29 > agreement between the Gentoo Foundation and Daniel Robbins was that the
30 > store would be run by Daniel Robbins for some set period of time
31 > (currently proposed as one year from the date of the copyright
32 > transfer), in exchange for the copyright transfer.. After that time
33 > running of the store reverts to the Foundation, but what happens at that
34 > point has not yet been decided.
35 >
36 > -g2boojum-
40 Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
41 dmwaters@g.o
42 Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org
45 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list