From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: 'gentoo-nfp' <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-nfp] RE: [gentoo-council] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 04:44:25
> William L. Thomson Jr. wrote: > > On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 21:08 -0700, Blackace wrote: > > > On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 19:08 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote: > > > It's totally moot, so get over it. There are more important things > > > to harp on and waste others time on. > > > > You aren't the be all and end all of Gentoo who gets to > > dismiss other people and their thoughts. Are we *trying* to kill all > > sense of community or something?
Thank you blackace.
> Fail safes, so get over it. Your making it a much bigger deal than > it is.
> No I am just fed up with the nit picking and stuff that is really not > productive.
If you feel this isn't worth your time then please find another topic to respond to and let this one carry on as others see fit; as I'm not the only one discussing this it must be viewed as worth other people's time. Please stop telling others what is or isn't a big deal to them or what you say they should find to be productive. The discussion is worthwhile to me, I want to understand the reasoning behind the new rule. I may not agree to it and I can accept that, but it is entirely within my right to ask for clarification.
> I will say flat out Chrissy is some what responsible for me > resigning.
Kindly leave the personal stuff out of this.
> None of it leads to increasing productivity, just additional wheel > spinning. From someone that back in 06 wasn't interested in becoming a > dev. Since then at least to me, and IMHO has been a total pain.
Kindly leave the personal stuff out of this and not assume what I did or did not contribute to. Anyone could easily look up and confirm that I started contributing quite regularly since mid 2006 and after officially joining in 2007 my focus shifted.
> Now that I am not a trustee. I can speak my mind clearly without someone > telling me.
And like every other person (developer, user, etc) you too are bound to CoC so speak your mind clearly while adhering to the same principles that others do. If fuzzy, please review: Kind regards, Christina Fullam Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations

Subject Author
RE: [gentoo-nfp] RE: [gentoo-council] Foundation by laws: new Article V "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>