From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-trustees] Positions & 2 nominations..
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:35:13
1 > With that in mind, I would like to nominate Grant for the position of
2 > President. He has done a lot over the past year to hold the Board together,
3 > and has fulfilled many of the responsabilities of a president without the
4 > official title.
5
6 Okay, consider my arm twisted. If anybody else wants the position,
7 though, let me know and I'll run away from it as fast as I can.
8
9 > I would also like to step up and volunteer myself for the position of
10 > Treasurer. I have done a lot of the work behind the paypal fundraiser and
11 > the reports of our initial earnings, and would like to continue such work.
12
13 All those opposed? Corey has my vote.
14
15 > So, there are a couple of questions that we need to answer as we go: 1) how
16 > do we want to go about assigning these positions (procedure?), and 2) what
17 > specific responsabilities will lie with each?
18
19 I suspect that we'll use the normal method: whoever fails to say "no" fast
20 enough gets the position. As for the responsibilities, we probably need
21 to get those into the bylaws.
22
23 Okay, we have a couple of items that cannot wait:
24
25 Tax filing -- we probably need to file by the end of the month.
26 Copyright assignment forms -- also an end-of-the-month deadline
27
28 I sent drobbins a copy of the modified transfer form for the signed
29 copyright assignment forms, but I haven't heard back from him. I'm not
30 sure, but I think he's in the midst of moving, so I'll try contacting
31 him again.
32
33 As for the tax issue, we need a volunteer who's good at that sort of
34 thing, as I'm certainly not.
35
36 Also, I'd like to ask dostrow to look into what's involved into moving
37 the foundation to a location that doesn't require residency?
38
39 -g2boojum-
40 --
41 Grant Goodyear
42 Gentoo Developer
43 g2boojum@g.o
44 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
45 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76