From: Colonel Panic <cp@××××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Good article on bylaws
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 21:33:01
1 On Sat, 31 May 2008 11:32:16 -0400
2 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 10:58 +1200, Colonel Panic wrote:
5 > > On Thu, 29 May 2008 17:56:49 -0400
6 > > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > TSIA
9 > >
10 > > Taiwan Semiconductor Industry Association?
11 > > Taxpayer's Service Integrated System? (I don't know why this is listed as TSIA)
12 > > http://www.acronymfinder.com/
13 >
14 > Title says it all.
17 My reason for posting the other meanings of TSIA was to show a improbable and non-casual relationship to the context, in that both the semiconductor industry and the taxation system directly benefit from Gentoo development. Whether the associations are due to the mundane explanation of the increased level of context or to a factor of interest is arguable, but the point is that ignoring context can lead to mistakes. This is especially relevent to the use of legalese within the context of common language.
18 --
19 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list