From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] RE: [gentoo-council] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 04:51:08
On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 21:08 -0700, Blackace wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 19:08 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote: > > It's totally moot, so get over it. There are more important things to > > harp on and waste others time on. > > Did you *have* to go and be a complete prick on an otherwise useful > discussion? You aren't the be all and end all of Gentoo who gets to > dismiss other people and their thoughts. Are we *trying* to kill all > sense of community or something? Did I miss a memo? If I did, I'm glad > I did. Man. Seriously.
No I am just fed up with the nit picking and stuff that is really not productive. I will say flat out Chrissy is some what responsible for me resigning. I am sick of a loud in your face minority speaking up constantly. At one point a private personal attack I did not appreciate one bit at all. Which I did forward on to the other trustees etc. None of it leads to increasing productivity, just additional wheel spinning. From someone that back in 06 wasn't interested in becoming a dev. Since then at least to me, and IMHO has been a total pain. Now that I am not a trustee. I can speak my mind clearly without someone telling me. Oh you can't act like that your a trustee, etc and so on. Which trustees are just legal paper pushers, they do not reflect Gentoo as a whole. That would be more the council. So trustees should not be held to some standard others aren't. -- William L. Thomson Jr. Gentoo Linux Developer