From: matt <matthew.m.mccormick@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: in-vivo account
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:53:46
1 Thanks, Hao. :-)
2
3 I don't think my account is set up right. When I connect through Samba, I can
4 see everyone's shares, but when I try to go to 'matt', I get "The file or
5 folder smb://128.104.2.57/matt does not exist" . I can login through ssh,
6 but I get the following error after logging in: "Could not chdir to home
7 directory /usr/tom/Data/matt: Permission denied
8 -bash: /usr/tom/Data/matt/.bash_profile: Permission denied"
9 Maybe these directories do not exist or the ownership and permissions need to
10 be changed? Or maybe they are pointing to the wrong place? Home folders are
11 usually kept in /home, e.g., /home/matt or /home/hao.
12
13 Note that people should also be able to automatically mount their drives by
14 right clicking on 'My Computer' --> Map Network Drive, or something similar.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Matt