From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation update
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:57:24
1 On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 18:10 -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 >
3 > > IMHO the SPI is WAY better. More established, been around longer.
4 > > Manages Debian, used to do Gnome, etc. Likely has enough funding, surely
5 > > enough experience, etc.
6 >
7 > That may be true, and if somebody wants to contact the folks at SPI,
8 > please feel free. It's not like we'd be joining the SFC tomorrow, no
9 > matter what happens.
10
11 I will contact them for some unofficial general public information. As I
12 am not a trustee, I will not formally inquire for Gentoo. Unless you all
13 want me to. But like has been brought up before. We don't want a bunch
14 of people hitting them up formally about Gentoo. Likely not even
15 informally.
16
17 If it's cool with you for me to unofficially inquire. Then I will do so,
18 and provide back the info publicly here. Unless another wants to do it,
19 or an actual trustee, officially.
20
21 So yea or nae to me contacting the SPI unoffically.
24 William L. Thomson Jr.
25 Gentoo/amd64/Java