From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 03:30:30
On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 20:26 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
> > Note that in my reading of the GLEP we have 30 days to *begin* the > election process. I expect in the end this will occur (feel free to > check the -council ml archives for status).
During the discussion it was elected. As I had mentioned our election process takes 2 months.
> I expect the council will start the election process and if they fail > to do so I will start it independently.
Want to make some bets there?
> It seems like you are always in a rush :P It takes time for folks to > communicate, please be patient.
Oh really. So I never said 30 days was unrealistic. I never commented that the trustees barely got the process down to a little over a month. 30 days is not practical. Which those that voted on the GLEP should have realized. But did not. But yes, it's me trying to rush this thing forward. When was the next council meeting schedule? So how many months will we go without a active or current council?
> Even if we held an speedy election now, the council we have now is > still the council until that election is concluded.
Yep, so what's our ETA to a new council. How many months from now before they can fully replace the existing council. Be 100% up and running. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>