From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question about other people's intellectual property
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:16:57
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 10:52:16AM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> Just be aware that if the foundation receives such a license, the trustees > of the foundation, as the legal deciding body for the foundation, would > need to perform the actual distribution. This would for example happen by > the foundation having a separate download space that is controlled by > (possibly indirectly) by the foundation. In effect this means that at > least one trustee must be involved in the publishing of actual works. In > short there will be a layer of indirection required.
I hardly think this is needed. Anything Gentoo distributes on his master server and is mirrored is still distributed by Gentoo Foundation. The trustees don't really need to be involved as the Gentoo developer that actually does the work and development does this as a volunteer for the Gentoo Foundation. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation project leader The Gentoo Project <<< >>>