From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Membership straw poll
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:56:54
Here's the results as of this morning.  Fifty-three people voted (not
including myself, since I'm doing the counting).  I should have had us
set up a mail alias so that somebody else also received the votes, since
with this method people have to trust that my counting is honest.  Sorry
about that.

> 1. Gentoo Foundation membership is available to all Gentoo developers > ___ Immediately upon becoming a dev
5 votes
> ___ 1 year after becoming a dev
42 votes
> ___ 2 years after becoming a dev
2 votes
> ___ None of the above
2 votes Multiple people commented that this question was too simplistic. Does the X years need to be continuous? What happens with a dev who is on hiatus for some period of time? Should there be an alternative "fast-track w/ Y nominations from existing members" route to becoming a member? Nonetheless, there does seem to be a substantial consensus that 1 year is about right.
> 2. Members gain voting privileges either by requesting to vote or > actually voting. In either case the member's voting privileges > remain in effect for a year from that date. > ___ Agree
48 votes
> ___ Disagree
1 vote 1 abstention Thank you very much to those who participated. -g2boojum- -- Grant Goodyear Gentoo Developer g2boojum@g.o GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76

Subject Author