From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-core] Upcoming elections
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:24:40
Stuart Herbert wrote: [Thu Apr 14 2005, 05:05:24PM CDT]
> Formally minuted meetings, with listed actions assigned to named > individuals, and the minutes of following meetings recording progress > against those actions. That's the normal tool for this sort of thing ;-)
Of course, that presumes that there are meetings. Most trustee business has been handled by e-mail instead, since that simplifies the multiple-timezone issues that Gentoo faces. Much of that traffic was supposed to be public, but the archive access (not the archiving itself) failed. Infra promises that the public archive will be back up shortly. As an aside, it turns out that some meetings cannot be made public. For reasons that I don't really understand, if we were to receive legal advice we would not be able to report what was discussed, who said what, etcetera, without potentially compromising our relationship with counsul. -g2boojum- -- Grant Goodyear Gentoo Developer g2boojum@g.o GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76