From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-core] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 03:40:22
On Saturday 07 May 2005 7:34 pm, Jason Huebel wrote:
> I would like the opportunity to be a Gentoo Foundation Trustee. I've > been the Strategic Lead for the Gentoo/amd64 Project for over a year. > During this time, I've been involved with Release Engineering for 5 > Gentoo release cycles. I have also recently been elected the Gentoo > Developer Relations Lead.
As many have been asking for nominees to state their reasons, goals and qualifications for wanting to be a Trustee, I'd like to state mine. I've always worked hard to fill particular needs within the Gentoo community. This has been evidenced by my quick move from a Gentoo/amd64 documentation maintainer in late 2003 to the privilege of being the Strategic Lead for Gentoo/amd64 over the past year. In addition to being the Strategic Lead, I've also worked hard in the Release Engineering role for the amd64 arch. I've been actively involved in or completely responsible for the last 5 release cycles of the amd64 arch. Certainly, some have gone more smoothly than others, but I'm sure the other amd64 developers would be willing to vouch for my work ethic and willingness to see a job through to the end. I've also recently been asked to assume the role of Gentoo Developer Relations Operational Lead. The title is a mouthful for a sometimes trying and difficult job. I'd like to think that I've been given the opportunity since I've shown myself to be even-tempered and fair-minded with my fellow developers. My tenure as Devrel Lead has just started, but again I look to my fellow amd64 developers to vouch for my capabilities as a leader and friend, especially in times of need and difficulty. Outside of Gentoo, I'm more than just another geek. I'm a good father and husband. I contribute to my community when I can, even if it's in the small things. I practice what I preach. I mean what I say. But I try to show respect to others. So, how does all this help you decide whether you feel I'm a good candidate or not? Well, I see an need within the Gentoo community to have a mature, hard working body of Trustees to guide the Foundation. I think I have the ability to fulfill those aims. Certainly, threre's a learning curve that comes with becoming a Trustee, but that's true with anything worth pursuing in life. You're welcome to ask me whatever questions you like within the context of this election. I'm always open to good discussion and suggestions. -- Jason Huebel Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead Gentoo Developer Relations Operational Lead Gentoo Recruiter GPG Public Key: "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand." Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)