From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Fwd: [gentoo-core] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 14:35:28
Michael Cummings wrote: [Wed May 04 2005, 05:26:48AM CDT]
> (OFF LIST) > I know we've bandied about the qualifications for being a trustee- but is > there anything to look at that says what the trustee needs to do, what they > are responsible for, etc., ie, what's involved if we sacrifice/volunteer > ourselves :)
Um, probably and would be the best sources of info. Here's some things that the new trustees are probably going to have to deal with: * Taxes for the Foundation's first year * Other paperwork involving NM's corporation laws * Possibly relocating the Foundation if we cannot satisfy the NM residency requirement. * Deciding on whether we want a copyright transfer agreement for devs * After the copyright transfer, if it ever happens, enforcement of Gentoo IP violations. * Voting on and enacting bylaws * IRS filing * Finding a new bank that can handle an account with access by US and non-US citizens, while still being PayPal-friendly. * Other things that I'm missing. Other current trustees feel free to add items! -g2boojum- -- Grant Goodyear Gentoo Developer g2boojum@g.o GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76