From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Fwd: [gentoo-core] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 14:35:28
1 Michael Cummings wrote: [Wed May 04 2005, 05:26:48AM CDT]
2 > (OFF LIST)
3 > I know we've bandied about the qualifications for being a trustee- but is
4 > there anything to look at that says what the trustee needs to do, what they
5 > are responsible for, etc., ie, what's involved if we sacrifice/volunteer
6 > ourselves :)
7
8 Um, probably http://foundation.gentoo.org and
9 http://archives.gentoo.org/ml/gentoo-trustees/ would be the best
10 sources of info.
11
12 Here's some things that the new trustees are probably going to have to
13 deal with:
14
15 * Taxes for the Foundation's first year
16 * Other paperwork involving NM's corporation laws
17 * Possibly relocating the Foundation if we cannot satisfy the NM
18 residency requirement.
19 * Deciding on whether we want a copyright transfer agreement for devs
20 * After the copyright transfer, if it ever happens, enforcement of
21 Gentoo IP violations.
22 * Voting on and enacting bylaws
23 * IRS filing
24 * Finding a new bank that can handle an account with access by US and
25 non-US citizens, while still being PayPal-friendly.
26 * Other things that I'm missing. Other current trustees feel free to
27 add items!
28
29 -g2boojum-
30 --
31 Grant Goodyear
32 Gentoo Developer
33 g2boojum@g.o
34 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
35 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76