From: alicef <alicef@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 16:47:05
1 On 7/13/19 9:18 PM, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > On 2019.07.13 13:12, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 >> Team,
4 >>
5 >> This is a meta topic to collect Questions For Gentoo Foundation
6 >> Trustee Candidates together.
7 > We have several candidates with a declared platform of dissolving
8 > the Gentoo foundation.
9 >
10 > 1. Will all candidates make their position on the future of the Foundation
11 > clear.
12
13 The foundation as been used before as a way for having a different
14 opinion on
15 different Gentoo aspects.
16 Looks anyway that we have not enough interested people at the moment for
17 keeping
18 the Gentoo foundation working.
19 Closing foundation and moving to a umbrella way of managing Gentoo is
20 something that
21 need to be cautiously considered together.
22 I'm ok with both outcome.
23
24 > 2. Will all candidates explain the reasoning supporting their position
25 > on their future plans for the existence (or otherwise) of the Foundation.
29 Having a hard stand for closing the foundation I think is excessive in
30 this moment,
31 we still have to fix IRS problems.
32 I think we have to go on step by step for taking the foundation to a
33 good stand and
34 after we can start think if closing or trying to search more support for
35 the Gentoo Foundation.
36 I'm not against closing the Gentoo Foundation (As I already helped
37 before looking into SPI and linux foundation),
38 I just think that is a step that have to be public argued and not to be
39 taken easily.
40
41 Thanks,
42 Alice Ferrazzi