From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-managers@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-nfp] I met with my lawyer
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:47:36
> Trade associations (unlike charities) can be more restrictive > in their requirements for membership. Membership will be > limited to Gentoo developers. The criteria for being a Gentoo > developer will be determined by the board of trustees.
"The criteria for being a Gentoo developer" can be misinterpreted. What it meant here is that membership is open to Gentoo developers, and the board of trustees will be in charge of maintaining the definition of what constitutes a "Gentoo developer." I'd expect the standard will be identical to what we have today: 1) passed developer quiz 2) have a mentor 3) have been assigned a email address 4) have a public gpg key on file 5) are actively working on something (not inactive) 6) meet gentoo standards of conduct 7) have a copyright assignment agreement on file The board will be responsible for keeping this definition clear. This will also allow for things like improvements to our official developer training procedure, mentorship requirements, security requirements etc. Daniel -- gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list