From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Fwd: Re: Request for funds
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:20:59
1 forwarded..
2
3 ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
4
5 Subject: Re: Request for funds
6 Date: Monday 19 September 2005 09:31 am
7 From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
8
9 On Monday 19 September 2005 08:56 am, Grant Goodyear wrote:
10 > Although I would love for the Foundation to be able to subsidize devs
11 > attending meetings, my personal view is that we don't have the funds for
12 > it. Or, to be more specific, we don't have the funds to agree to all
13 > such proposals, or even a good method for determining which meetings are
14 > "more worthy" than others.
15
16 <snip>
17
18 > Of course, the other 12 trustees are welcome to disagree with me!
19
20 I want to see the Foundation reach a point where such sponsorships are
21 possible, so I would not rule out the possibility of a future event. Right
22 now unfortunately I have to agree with Grant that we are not at that point
23 because given a flood of similar requests we wouldn't be able to handle them
24 all and would need a set criteria for selection.
25
26 However, this is something that needs to be voted upon.
27
28 -Corey
31 Corey Shields
32 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team