From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-core] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 15:07:46
1 On Wednesday 04 May 2005 04:05, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Okay, details still remain, but I'd still like to hit that 16 May
3 > target. Agriffis has voting software nearly written that will allow us
4 > to use dev.g.o to create, fill out, and cast ballots. We seem to have a
5 > mild consensus that Foundation membership (and thus voting privs) will
6 > require being a Gentoo dev for a (not necessarily contiguous) year by
7 > the day that voting concludes (16 May), that we probably want a safe
8 > choice of 13 trustees (an odd number, and the same as the current number
9 > of trustees), and that all members will be eligible to be a trustee.
10 > If there are strong disagreements about any of the above, we still have
11 > time to make changes. Meanwhile, we should start collecting nominees.
12
13 I count eight nominees thus far (although I may be missing some). Out of those
14 eight, there are only three that I'd consider giving a vote to. Others, I'm
15 either indifferent to or not so indifferent. Of course, my vote is only one
16 count. However, this raises two important questions.
17
18 What if the number of nominees is less than or equal to the number of trustee
19 positions? Of the people that are nominated, what happens if the total number
20 of people that actually receive any votes is less than the number of trustee
21 positions?
22
23 > Nominations will close at 9 May 2005, 23:59 UTC. Voting will then
24 > commence (assuming that we have everything in place by then!), and the
25 > polls will close at 23:59 UTC, 16 May 2005.
26
27 To be clear, voting occurs for 168 hours beginning 10 May and ending 16 May?
28
29 Regards,
30 Jason Stubbs