From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation Inc Trustees - Adjourned August Meeting
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:36:21
On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 11:57 -0500, Matthew Summers; CEO, Liquidus Tech,
LLC wrote:
> > > I was of the impression that tsunam was to remain acting treasurer, is > that deprecated?
A the upcoming meeting I will be putting a motion on the floor calling for a vote of no confidence. I have spent hours doing leg work on who we can open a bank account with. Now that it's done, we can proceed with Compass. Nothing has happened. Only more time going by with no action. I have nothing against Joshua, tsunam. He is welcome to remain as a trustee. But we need an active treasurer. We need to account for funds that have been donated, currently are. We need to get a bank account opened. PayPal tied into that so we can get funds out of PayPal. Much less funds from a our previous bank account. There is TONS of work to be done, and no one is doing anything about it. Thus IMHO we need a treasurer as well as other positions of office. It's quite clear Joshua/tsunam lacks time for this. I would have hoped he would have done what Tom Gall did and step down/resign. Again not from all positions, but just as Treasurer. Beyond that it's up to him to decided his level of involvement. If time can be made for that or not. We all have to work. But when I set my business, income and lively hood on the back burner. I have little tolerance for others inability to fit in voluntary obligations they took on into their busy schedule. IMHO don't volunteer for something you don't have time for. Step down and let another who has or can make time. We must make progress and we must move forward sooner than later. We are losing way to much time all around. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation