From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation Inc Trustees - Adjourned August Meeting
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:36:21
1 On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 11:57 -0500, Matthew Summers; CEO, Liquidus Tech,
2 LLC wrote:
5 > I was of the impression that tsunam was to remain acting treasurer, is
6 > that deprecated?
7
8 A the upcoming meeting I will be putting a motion on the floor calling
9 for a vote of no confidence.
10
11 I have spent hours doing leg work on who we can open a bank account
12 with. Now that it's done, we can proceed with Compass. Nothing has
13 happened. Only more time going by with no action.
14
15 I have nothing against Joshua, tsunam. He is welcome to remain as a
16 trustee. But we need an active treasurer. We need to account for funds
17 that have been donated, currently are. We need to get a bank account
18 opened. PayPal tied into that so we can get funds out of PayPal. Much
19 less funds from a our previous bank account.
20
21 There is TONS of work to be done, and no one is doing anything about it.
22 Thus IMHO we need a treasurer as well as other positions of office.
23
24 It's quite clear Joshua/tsunam lacks time for this. I would have hoped
25 he would have done what Tom Gall did and step down/resign. Again not
26 from all positions, but just as Treasurer.
27
28 Beyond that it's up to him to decided his level of involvement. If time
29 can be made for that or not. We all have to work. But when I set my
30 business, income and lively hood on the back burner. I have little
31 tolerance for others inability to fit in voluntary obligations they took
32 on into their busy schedule.
33
34 IMHO don't volunteer for something you don't have time for. Step down
35 and let another who has or can make time. We must make progress and we
36 must move forward sooner than later. We are losing way to much time all
37 around.
40 William L. Thomson Jr.
41 amd64/Java/Trustees
42 Gentoo Foundation