From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 03:40:35
On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 23:30 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 20:26 -0700, Alec Warner wrote: > > > > Note that in my reading of the GLEP we have 30 days to *begin* the > > election process. I expect in the end this will occur (feel free to > > check the -council ml archives for status). > > During the discussion it was elected. As I had mentioned our election > process takes 2 months.
No clue what I was saying there. Obvious burn out from a ridiculous amount of queries to me. But I am curious how one interprets the following as election are to begin in 30 days. "If any meeting has less than 50% attendance by council members, a new election for all places must be held within a month. The 'one year' is then reset from that point." Election for all places must be held within a month. Not started, but held. Held is what tense in the English language? Past, not present. Not my wording, nor did I vote to approve it. But that's what it says none the less. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation