From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 03:40:35
1 On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 23:30 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 20:26 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Note that in my reading of the GLEP we have 30 days to *begin* the
5 > > election process. I expect in the end this will occur (feel free to
6 > > check the -council ml archives for status).
7 >
8 > During the discussion it was elected. As I had mentioned our election
9 > process takes 2 months.
10
11 No clue what I was saying there. Obvious burn out from a ridiculous
12 amount of queries to me.
13
14 But I am curious how one interprets the following as election are to
15 begin in 30 days.
16
17 "If any meeting has less than 50% attendance by council members, a new
18 election for all places must be held within a month. The 'one year' is
19 then reset from that point."
20 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0039.html
23 Election for all places must be held within a month. Not started, but
24 held. Held is what tense in the English language? Past, not present. Not
25 my wording, nor did I vote to approve it. But that's what it says none
26 the less.
29 William L. Thomson Jr.
30 amd64/Java/Trustees
31 Gentoo Foundation