From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins, leadership, etc.
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:00:02
1 On Thursday 17 January 2008, Ramon van Alteren wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Caleb Cushing wrote:
5 > | just joining the conversation. I vote to bring drobbins back. Even
6 >
7 > though i as
8 >
9 > | a user/admin and potential future developer, have no vote.
10 >
11 > I just joined the mailing-list and apparently the conversation :-)
12 > I also know I have no vote, being a user/sysadmin and potential
13 > developer. I do have a large vested interest in Gentoo Linux, I/we use
14 > Gentoo Linux to run a serverpark of 1300 servers. The outcome of this
15 > discussion interests me and will/may have impact on future technology
16 > choices for the park.
17 >
18 > Within our company I am the technology lead and teamleader for the
19 > system engineering team which is responsible for the system
20 > administration of the above serverpark.
21 [snip]
22 Rest assured that we still have a lot of technically competent devs that will
23 drive Gentoo forward. From my POV we're having some organizational problems,
24 I believe we've had those as far back as when drobbens was in charge.
25
26 Ppl are working on improving the situation but doomsday is noway near.
29 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
30 Gentoo Linux Security Team
31 --
32 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list