From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominee manifestos?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 07:45:13
1 On 2017.07.11 21:42, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > I understand that Trustees have a different role than Council members,
3 > but given the difficulties in resolving some organizational issues for
4 > the Foundation over the years, wouldn't it be easier for Foundation
5 > members to choose their candidate(s) with some idea of what the
6 > candidate(s) intend to do as Trustee? I see the wiki page for the
7 > election includes a field for a manifesto, yet no nominee has one.
8 >
9 > It may give the Foundation a little momentum and encourage
10 > participation. Thoughts?
11 > --
12 > Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
13 > OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
14 > fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6
18 Team,
19
20 We have three candidates for three seats on the board. Unless
21 more candidates accept nomintatins these candidates will be
22 elected unopposed.
23
24 In short, manifestos will not be taken into account by the electorate
25 as there will be no vote.
28 Regards,
29
30 Roy Bamford