From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gregkh@g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Soliciting Feedback: Gentoo Copyright Assignments / Licensing
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 02:32:40
1 On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 01:16:25PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
2 > On a personal note, if any copyright assignment was in place, I would
3 > never have been able to become a Gentoo developer, and if it were to be
4 > put into place, I do not think that I would be allowed to continue to be
5 > one. I'm sure lots of other current developers are in this same
6 > situation, so please keep that in mind when reviewing this process.
7 This is a question for gregkh primarily, but I would also like to extend
8 it to all other Gentoo developers.
9
10 1. Are you party to any *copyright assignment* (eg FSF copyright assignment)?
11 2. Are you party to any *contributor license agreements* (eg FLA, Google CLA, ...)? [2]
12 3. Are you party to any other *license assertions* (eg DCO)? [3]
13 4. Are you party to or aware of any other copyright aggregation efforts? [4]
14
15 [2]
16 Contributor License Agreements:
17 ===============================
18 Google CLA:
19 http://code.google.com/legal/individual-cla-v1.0.html
20
21 FSF Europe FLA:
22 http://fsfe.org/activities/ftf/fla.en.html
23
24 Oracle Contributor Agreement:
25 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oca-486395.html
26
27 The historical Sun Contributor Agreement and MySQL Community
28 Contribution Agreement
29
30 Many more here:
31 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contributor_License_Agreement
32
33 [3]
34 License assertions:
35 ===================
36 http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/SubmittingPatches#l298
37
38 [4]
39 Copyright aggregation:
40 ======================
41 Canonical's Project Harmony is the only aggregation effort I'm aware of.
42 http://harmonyagreements.org/overview.html
43 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Harmony_(FOSS_group)
44
45 They provide an excellent guide to many of the nuances between copyright
46 assignments and contributer agreements:
47 http://harmonyagreements.org/guide.html
52 Robin Hugh Johnson
53 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
54 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
55 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85