From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Points to Ponder for Sundays Meeting.
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:36:48
On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 01:15 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
> > I'm a little uncomfortable with that as it would mean identifying votes > with individuals. Not publicly but that information would have to be > knowable if membership were tied to voting. > What about having retired devs apply for membership annually ? > The idea here being able to keep individual votes secret.
I see nothing wrong with knowing who did and didn't vote based on a public membership list/roster. Now knowing their actual vote is a totally different story and that should be private. I will have to double check, but I am pretty sure knowing who did and didn't vote of registered voters, is quite common in any election. Part of public records, openness and accuracy of election, so on. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation