From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Points to Ponder for Sundays Meeting.
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:36:48
1 On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 01:15 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm a little uncomfortable with that as it would mean identifying votes
4 > with individuals. Not publicly but that information would have to be
5 > knowable if membership were tied to voting.
6 > What about having retired devs apply for membership annually ?
7 > The idea here being able to keep individual votes secret.
8
9 I see nothing wrong with knowing who did and didn't vote based on a
10 public membership list/roster. Now knowing their actual vote is a
11 totally different story and that should be private.
12
13 I will have to double check, but I am pretty sure knowing who did and
14 didn't vote of registered voters, is quite common in any election. Part
15 of public records, openness and accuracy of election, so on.
18 William L. Thomson Jr.
19 amd64/Java/Trustees
20 Gentoo Foundation