From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, g2boojum@g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 22:14:30
I would like to be considered for the upcoming election.  I don't want to
sound like I am campaigning, but for those who are not familiar with me:

In the past year I've worked on some of the financial ends of the Foundation
(which have just recently jumped into gear), worked on starting the IRS 501
filing, as well as some of the documentation we have on the website.  I feel
that I have done a good job in the past year of also participating in
discussions and meetings that we have had on issues like the copyright
agreement, Gentoo Technologies assignment to Gentoo Foundation, and the whole
Foundation - Store relationship.  I have spent many hours working with Daniel
on the latter.

In the coming year my wish would be to fill the position of treasurer and
continue in keeping track of (and reporting) our finances, as well as help
finish the IRS filing along with our NFP counsel.  I would like to see the
Foundation grow to be an entity that greater supports the financial and legal
needs of Gentoo.  This past year has been a good one in feeling the water for
what those needs are, now we just have to push forward and work for them.

Corey Shields
Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees