From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o>, gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>, Joshua Jackson <tsunam@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Conference call with lawyers
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:14:33
1 Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o> wrote:
2 >Hey gang,
3 >
4 >I'm scheduling a conference call with our lawyers for the week of
5 >November 26th to discuss the next steps. Please let me know if there's
6 >anything you want me to add to the agenda beyond what we've already
7 >talked about.
8
9 I've got one more thing. I need to know what the rules are governing our
10 sources of income. Specifically, where can we accept money from, and where
11 can we not? Are there limits on individual donations - either in monetary
12 value, or as a total percentage of our income over our accounting period
13 (what _is_ our accounting period, btw?).
14
15 My other question is more a question for us than our lawyers, I guess. Can
16 we start trying for large-scale fund-raising now, or would we be better off
17 waiting until the Foundation has been moved from New Mexico? I'm concerned
18 about any possible change in our registration type, and also about whether
19 we're legally viable at all atm (given that we're moving from New Mexico
20 because we don't meet their residency rules).
21
22 Best regards,
23 Stu
26 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
27 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
28 http://blog.stuartherbert.com/
29
30 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
31 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
37 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list