From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 20:48:15
1 >
2 > We request the Board of Trustees to make the following motion part of
3 > their next meeting agenda, we will ask for a formal vote by council at
4 > the next council meeting:
7 > We request that the Gentoo Council and the Board of Trustees of the Gentoo
8 > Foundation affirm Gentoo's metastructure GLEP 39 as the governing principle
9 > of the Gentoo Linux developer community. In particular, both acknowledge
10 > the split between
11 > - the Gentoo Council, which is responsible for the Gentoo Linux
12 > developer community, its user base and all technical decisions,
13 > - and the Gentoo Foundation, whose role is to hold Gentoo's assets
14 > (such as trademarks and server infrastructure) and support the
15 > developer and user community.
18 Reaffirming this, as a foundation member I request that the Board of Trustees
19 passes this precise motion.
23 Andreas K. Hüttel
24 dilfridge@g.o
25 Gentoo Linux developer
26 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)