From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>, David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, Trustees <trustees@g.o>, Gentoo elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Trustee election date [RFC]
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 07:12:09
1 W dniu nie, 20.05.2018 o godzinie 00∶59 +0000, użytkownik Robin H.
2 Johnson napisał:
3 > On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 07:40:19PM -0400, David Abbott wrote:
4 > > We need to set up the dates for the next election. We are trying to add a
5 > > second round if needed when we add reopen_nominations to the election
6 > > process.
7 > > Dates I came up with, please review.
8 > >
9 > > Recording date next meeting;
10 > > June 23
11 > >
12 > > Nominations open => 3 weeks
13 > > Start June 25
14 > >
15 > > 1st round voting => 2 weeks
16 > > Start July 16
17 >
18 > This round of voting includes reopen_nominations.
19 >
20 > Any candidates higher than reopen_nominations are selected at the end of
21 > this round.
22 >
23 > If there are open seats at this point, the second round of nomination &
24 > voting takes place.
25 >
26 > You didn't put in dates in the 2nd round of nominations.
27 >
28 > > 2nd round voting => 2 weeks
29 > > Start July 30
30 >
31 > Was there a final decision if this round of voting should still have
32 > reopen_nominations? (which lets trustees select the candidate if seats
33 > are still open). Maybe call it trustees_select instead of
34 > reopen_nominations.
35
36 That was exactly my proposal. First round with reopening nominations,
37 second round with letting Trustees decide.
40 Best regards,
41 Michał Górny