From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: Gentoo NFP <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o, Gentoo Trustees <trustees@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation 2011 election - voting open until Friday 20110408 2359UTC
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 03:02:11
1 On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 > Dear Gentoo Foundation members,
4 >
5 > We've come again to that time of the year when we need to cast our
6 > votes for the Foundation. The Gentoo Foundation[2] is now opening an
7 > election to fill the 2 seats in the Trustees that have reached the end
8 > of their 2 years term, Mathew Summers (quantumsummers) and Robin H.
9 > Johnson (robbat2), and for the seat filled by Joshua Jackson (tsunam)
10 > as he has announced his retirement from the Trustees.
11 >
12 >  [1] - http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/msg_f31a0b92ad9c159ed42d4bf86879f91c.xml
13 >  [2] - http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/
14 >
15 > The nomination period starts tomorrow, 20110211 0000UTC and lasts
16 > until Thursday 20110310 2359 UTC. The election polls will be open from
17 > Saturday 20110312 0000UTC to Friday 20110408 2359UTC. The elected
18 > trustees will start their term after the results are published and
19 > before their first meeting on April 17th.
20
21 With my apologies for the tardiness, the elections team announces that
22 the voting has already started for this election. As announced, the
23 voting will remain open until Friday 20110408 2359UTC.
24
25 > The election officials for this election will be Patrick Lauer[3],
26 > Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto[4] and Alec Warner[5]. All officials will
27 > keep a daily presence in #gentoo-trustees and #gentoo-elections for
28 > the duration of the election. You can reach all the officials for this
29 > election at the elections[6] alias.
30 > The election officials will publish a page with all information about
31 > this election that will be available from the Foundation Archives[7].
32 >
33 >  [3] - patrick@g.o
34 >  [4] - jmbsvicetto@g.o
35 >  [5] - antarus@g.o
36 >  [6] - elections@g.o
37 >  [7] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/trusteees/
38
39 Please pay attention to the method to vote for this election.
40
41 > If you're a current Gentoo Developer, to cast your vote for this
42 > election you need to login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following
43 > commands, in the specified order.
44 >
45 >   * votify --new trustees-201102 - This creates a new ballot in your homedir.
46 >   * Edit the .ballot-trustees-201102 file and rank the candidates in
47 > the desired order of preference.
48 >   * Once you're sure, run votify --verify trustees-201102 to check
49 > the validity of the ballot.
50 >   * If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit
51 > your vote using votify --submit trustees-201102
52 >   * In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using
53 > votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on IRC. If you
54 > think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the officials.
55 >   * Grab a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show ... till we
56 > announce the results  ;)
57 >
58 > If you're not a current Gentoo Developer, please send your ballot to
59 > the officials[6] alias and don't forget to sign the email with your
60 > gpg key on record in the Foundation member list[10].
61 >
62 > I'd like to take this chance to warn all foundation members that since
63 > the last Foundation Bylaws update, any member of the Foundation loses
64 > his membership after not voting for 2 consecutive Foundation
65 > elections. This means that any members that joined the Foundation
66 > before the 2009 election and that didn't vote for that election will
67 > lose their membership if they don't vote in this election.
68 > If you have any doubts about this point, please contact the Trustees
69 > or the election officials.
70 >
71 > If you have any doubts about the election or any corrections to the
72 > page and lists, contact the election officials.
73 >
74 > For the election officials,
75 >
76 > ---
77 > Regards,
78 >
79 > Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
80 > Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections
83 For the election officials,
84
85 ---
86 Regards,
87
88 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
89 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections