From: Douglas James Dunn <djdunn.safety@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee nominations
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:00:46
1 On Thursday 24 January 2008 12:16:36 pm Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Grant Goodyear wrote: [Thu Jan 24 2008, 10:51:31AM CST]
3 >
4 > > Since drobbins has (I believe) rescinded his offer, we
5 > > need to get going on getting some competent Trustees.
6 >
7 > Um, by "competent Trustees", I meant ones other than what
8 > we have now. It's possible to read into the above a suggestion
9 > that I was using "competent" in contrast with "drobbins", and
10 > for that I apologize, since that's completely incorrect. I
11 > have no reason whatsoever to doubt drobbins' competence.
12 >
13 > From the be-more-careful-what-you-write-department,
14 > g2boojum
15 I believe that you would be more than confident and qualified to continue to
16 be a trustee. If anything it took more competence to correct the problems
17 with the foundation and I can't be the only one that believes so. Yeah you
18 made a mistake, was it your fault partially but it was partially the fault of
19 the other trustees. Grant you could have been one of the trustees to give up
20 and walk away but you stuck it out and began to pick up the pieces and fix
21 the problem. And I would be glad to see you stay.
24 Douglas James Dunn
25 () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
26 /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments