From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Possible scenario for '07/'08 Trustees
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:39:56
1 OK. As I see it, we don't even have enough people *running* to be a
2 trustee. So, what should we do, instead?
3
4 Well, how about this? First, hold an election with a few items:
5 - Join the SFC
6 - Become a 501(c)(3) in DE
7 - Become a 501(c)(6) in DE
8
9 Now, if the first is selected, we'd do the following:
10
11 - Remove Paul as a trustee as he has stated he doesn't have time, he is,
12 of course, welcome to remain if he wishes
13 - Add Joshua as a trustee to replace Paul, or just to help out
14 - Michael leaving if he still wishes
15 - The remaining people are responsible for getting Gentoo joined up with
16 the SFC
17
18 Now, if either of the other two are selected, we've got problems, since
19 we don't have enough people even running. This is another indicator, to
20 me, that we shouldn't be wasting our time doing the legal aspects
21 ourselves if we can't even get 5 people that want to do it out of 300+
22 developers.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
27 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
28 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
29 Gentoo Foundation