From: Gustavo Adolfo Silva Ribeiro Felisberto <humpback@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo - Non-US
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:08:44
Well one thing i would like to know is how the Gentoo NFP and the
Foundation are going to affect non-US developers.
Will we have the right to vote in elections? From the foundation, are
non-US projects going to be sponsored?

I do not know if there are stats on this but i have the felling that a
good share of Gentoo-devs are non-US citizens/residents so i am a bit
apprehensive on these questions, for example to get my devs-status/cvs
access I had to sign a form of "Release and Assignment" and i talked to
my lawyer and that has absolutely no legal value for me (on the other
hand Gentoo Technologies, Inc. never sent me a signed copy of that same
contract binding them to the same words).

Please don't take me words the wrong way (I am not a native English
talker so maybe my words are not expressing my ideas ok), for the most
part i agree with Daniel's ideas but i want things a bit more clarified.

Gustavo Felisberto
It's most certainly GNU/Linux, not Linux. Read more at .