From: Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: PGP fingerprints of Foundation members (item for Trustees meeting)
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 23:19:47
1 On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 07:23:11PM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > What do we need to prove?
3 >
4 > That the the key belongs to a given individual or just that the key on the vote
5 > is the same as the key used for the membership application.?
6 >
7 > The former involves a web of trust of some sort and we don't do that for devs
8 > joining the distro.
9 >
10 > I suggest that the latter is suffcient but the web of trust would be nice to have.
11
12 A web of trust would be nice to establish, but would be difficult
13 particularly with developers in regions that few other developers are
14 from (such as myself in Australia - there's only a couple of others in
15 the country). Video could possibly be used, but I believe there's some
16 argument over the viability of video "handshaking".
19 Sam Jorna (wraeth)
20 GnuPG Key: D6180C26