From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: How to improve the trustees
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 06:10:28
1 On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 23:01 +0100, Jan Bilek wrote:
2 > For example these regular meetings you propose - if there is an issue
3 > to talk about why wait until the regular meeting is held? Are there no
4 > efficient and easy to use channels to communicate immediately? If
5 > there is no issue to talk about - regular meeting would be just a
6 > waste of time.
7
8 Who said that you had to wait until the meeting? I never once even
9 implied that. Instead, I suggested regular meetings so we get *at
10 least* $n meetings a year and get consistent updates.
11
12 > These institutional things make everything less efficient - and BTW -
13 > they tend to get sooo boring and meaningless... The more non-formal,
14 > immediate and 'not institutionalized' communication - the better.
15
16 Having served as a Trustee before, I can tell you that having a set
17 meeting time would have likely helped us out, tremendously. Had we a
18 set time to share information with other teams, we would not have likely
19 lost our standing in NM. Without those meetings, we ended up letting
20 things slide longer and longer, as there was no pressure to get anything
21 done.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
26 Games Developer