From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins can be nominated as a trustee
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:42:14
On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 12:12 -0700, Daniel Robbins wrote:
> On a more positive note, I support and encourage those who are working > to try to make the Gentoo project better - specifically, more > accountable to and transparent with users, and who are trying to > tackle some of the larger organizational challenges that the > Foundation and project as a whole is facing.
Well, as I said earlier in one of these threads, I think you managed to accomplish what you really wanted, and that was for Gentoo to whip itself back into shape, whether under your guidance or under its own steam. We were discussing/working on these issues before your blog post, but it didn't seem that too many were interested. That is, until we got a harsh kick in the teeth from the press. That seemed to be the motivating factor to really get some involvement out of the developers. So, I guess all I really have to say is: Thank you I wish you well on whatever you do in the future and thanks for starting this crazy little project that steals all of our time. ;] -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Games Developer -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list