From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins can be nominated as a trustee
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:42:14
1 On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 12:12 -0700, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On a more positive note, I support and encourage those who are working
3 > to try to make the Gentoo project better - specifically, more
4 > accountable to and transparent with users, and who are trying to
5 > tackle some of the larger organizational challenges that the
6 > Foundation and project as a whole is facing.
7
8 Well, as I said earlier in one of these threads, I think you managed to
9 accomplish what you really wanted, and that was for Gentoo to whip
10 itself back into shape, whether under your guidance or under its own
11 steam. We were discussing/working on these issues before your blog
12 post, but it didn't seem that too many were interested. That is, until
13 we got a harsh kick in the teeth from the press. That seemed to be the
14 motivating factor to really get some involvement out of the developers.
15
16 So, I guess all I really have to say is:
17
18 Thank you
19
20 I wish you well on whatever you do in the future and thanks for starting
21 this crazy little project that steals all of our time. ;]
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
26 Games Developer
27 --