From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question for Trustee candidates: your past Trustee work
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:44:23
1 On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 03:06:12PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'd like to start asking questions to our Trustee candidates similarly
5 > to how we do it for the Council.
6 >
7 > The first question is for candidates who have been Trustees before (i.e.
8 > all of them right now):
9 >
10 > What have you done as a Trustee in your most recent term? How do you
11 > reflect on your work, and why? What would you do better, and how?
14 Hi, Michał. For my past tenure as a trustee, I specifically focused on
15 determining which make/model of hardware keys would be suitable to
16 provide to Gentoo developers from the foundation. This included
17 researching the various keys, determining price, ensuring they were
18 FOSS, etc.
19
20 Also, I picked up a couple of small bugs here and there. The one that
21 took most of my time was ensuring some websites were removed by the
22 hosting provider which were using Gentoo logos/material.
23
24 Further, I supported *some* of the research into reincorporation
25 vs umbrella for the foundation. As many know, I have my reservations
26 regarding umbrella corporations. Of course, inline with my fellow
27 trustees, we must exercise due diligence and investigate both options
28 for the good of the distribution.
29
30 Of course, all trustees can take some credit for the taxes finally being
31 paid. *Most* of us spent some time corresponding with the company who
32 assisted us in finalizing and paying. Most notably though, Matthew made
33 the connection with the company and Robin spent many many hours passing
34 along financial information. Truly a team effort.
37 Cheers,
38 Aaron