From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Proposal: fix election duration & scheduling
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 05:55:47
1 This is a personal nit that I'd like to see resolved from running &
2 scheduling the Trustee elections, but also appreciate input from
3 everybody at large. I feel this should be considered and voted on at the
4 AGM.
5
6 Problem:
7 - Scheduling the Foundation election is constrained by the AGM and
8 recordation date requirements in bylaws & state laws.
9 - The entire time period of the election has tended to drag on too long
10 generally.
11
12 To work backwards from the AGM, can we agree to set recommended periods
13 for the election timeline:
14
15 Election cycle preamble:
16 YYYY/June/xx: June meeting sets formal approval of dates
17 YYYY/June/16: AGM date announcement ~60 days window
18
19 YYYY/July/01: Proposed recordation date, must be at least 10 days after June meeting ** [bylaw requirement??]
20
21 primary election (30 days):
22 YYYY/July/01: nomination opens, 14 days
23 YYYY/July/15: nomination closes
24 YYYY/July/14: setup day, 1 day
25 YYYY/July/15: voting opens, 14 days
26 YYYY/July/29: voting closes
27 YYYY/July/30: voting results, 1 day
28
29 secondary election (16 days):
30 YYYY/July/30: nomination opens (automatically triggered by the primary result publication), 7 days
31 YYYY/August/05: nomination closes
32 YYYY/August/06: setup, 1 day
33 YYYY/August/07: voting opens, 7 days
34 YYYY/August/13: voting closes
35 YYYY/August/14: voting results, 1 day
36
37 AGM:
38 YYYY/August/15: AGM date
39
40 Concerns:
41 Could somebody with a more rules-lawyer oriented thought process confirm
42 how the 10-60 days in Bylaw 3.7 constrain the recordation date?
45 Robin Hugh Johnson
46 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
47 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
48 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
49 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136