From: David Abbott <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Next meeting; a motion to have 1 type of Gentoo member.
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 16:58:03
1 On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 11/07/2016 12:50 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> I think that is important to keep the group of people voting for
4 >> Council/Trustees the same as much as possible. Otherwise you're going
5 >> to get even more reluctance for the two bodies to work together.
6 >
7 > Right, which would be done by requiring all foundation members to be
8 > developers
9
10 I would like to keep the term "Developers"
11
12 Staff Developers (docs, pr, etc)
13 Ebuild Developers (full commit access)
14
15 If someone wants to join the foundation they would need to become at
16 least a Staff Developer.
17 Then all members would be developers.
20 > The drawback of that is that it removes possibility of things like
21 > "sponsor"-level membership (which could be a non-voting membership class
22 > if bylaws are changed to accomodate it) but allow for corporate
23 > sponsorships in a structured manner if that is necessary on a
24 > subscription basis. So far it seems like there hasn't been much need for
25 > this, though.
26 >
27 > --
28 > Kristian Fiskerstrand
29 > OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
30 > fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3
36 David Abbott