From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo elections <elections@g.o>
Cc: Trustees <trustees@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation 2014 Election - Nomination Period
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 17:47:50
1 All,
2
3 I have to resend as I had the election email address wrong. It should be
4 elections@g.o not gentoo-elections@g.o. Sorry for the
5 confusion.
6
7 The Gentoo Foundation Inc. is preparing for its annual Trustee
8 Elections. The nomination period is four weeks commencing 16 June 2014
9 at 00:00:01 UTC. Nominations close 12 July, 23:59:59 UTC
10
11 The voting period is four weeks commencing, 14 Jul, 00:00:01. Voting
12 closes 8 Aug 23:59:59
13
14 The newly elected Trustees take their seats at the end of Annual General
15 Meeting, which will be held on 17 August, in #gentoo-trustees at the
16 customary time of 19:00 UTC
17
18 Election dates may be varied by the Gentoo Elections project.
19
20 The recording date of 15 June 2014 has been set. Simply put, only
21 Foundation members who are members on 15 June can stand or vote in this
22 election.
23
24 Trustees retire by rotation every two years to ensure there is
25 continuity of the board, this year, NeddySeagoon and dabbott will
26 retire. dabbott is not running for reelection so there will be an
27 election.
28
29 Outline rules :-
30 : Nominations must be made to the gentoo-nfp mailing list
31 : Anyone can nominate
32 : Nominating yourself is OK
33 : Nominees must be Foundation Members before 16 June
34 : Candidates must accept their nominations on the gentoo-nfp list before
35 voting opens.
36 : Voting is limited to members on the members list before 18 June
37
38 Questions to elections@g.o