From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Some suggestions:
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:35:11
1 On Thursday 17 January 2008 08:42:16 pm Nikola Zivkovic wrote:
2 > 2. Use paludis as default PM.
3
4 no. reason... although I haven't tested it recently
5
6 1.) the last 2 times I tried it didn't work out of the box... it asked for a
7 config file... all programs should work (maybe not precisely the way you
8 want) out of the box. even apache and postfix can be started out of the box.
9
10 2.) it's syntax is different. I don't want a new user interface... a new
11 backend would be fine. I think most users and admins would agree don't change
12 the interface unless it bring significant benefit.
13
14 3.) it's not completely backwards compatible and could potentially break
15 things. developers may not care about this but system administrators do.
16
17 4.) it's not done. get it to 1.0 and stable before asking it to replace
18 something.
21 Caleb Cushing
22
23 PGP keys available on key server
24 wwwkeys.us.pgp.net
25
26 Due to low Internet availability I may not check
27 my email more than once a week, and thus cannot
28 guarantee a response time.