From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation bank account
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 17:17:59
On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 02:23 -0400, Kumba wrote:
> > Well, I don't know much, but the bank my job uses is a new bank I believe, > growing fast, and apparently eager to earn new business. What that translates > into, I have no idea. Worth a shot, though. They're not located in NM, though, > but in MD, so that may or may not be beneficial to us. Nor do I know if they > require in-person meetings for new accounts. Worth a shot it sounds like.
We can give them a shot, but most banks will likely need to operate in the state we are registered in. You can't conduct business in a state, without a business license and other things. I believe that applies to a bank as well. Since a bank would be opening an account for a New Mexico entity. That would constitute them doing business in New Mexico. It's not the same as a customer being remote, and say the account being created and existing in Maryland. Otherwise my local bank, or any bank really could choose to open a remote account. That said it can't hurt to give them a call. But I doubt we can proceed with them because of the above. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation bank account Kumba <kumba@g.o>