From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Membership straw poll
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:39:21
1 On Monday 18 April 2005 20:12, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Personally, I'd like continuous 1 year required prior to eligibility.
3 > A hiatus (the semi-official Gentoo term for leave of absence) of more
4 > than 30 days would revoke membership, requiring 6 months of activity
5 > following the hiatus to restore membership. This rule would attempt
6 > to ensure that members are abreast of current goings-on to reduce
7 > uninformed voting. It's also simple and relatively easy to track.
8
9 I think the time of 30 days is somewhat short for hiatus. In europe it is not
10 unusual to take holidays for over 3 or sometimes 4 weeks. Getting awfully
11 close to this limit. Of course such an hiatus should then be announced. I
12 would put 45 days (or 1 1/2 month) as more appropriate.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze
18 Gentoo Developer