From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-managers@l.g.o, avenj@g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, dmwaters@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] The under 18 issue, new trustees
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:43:35
1 Hi guys,
2
3 Unfortunately, according to my lawyer it is not appropriate for people under
4 18 to serve on the board of the Gentoo Foundation. The reason for this is
5 that under US Law, decisions made by people under 18 are "voidable", meaning
6 that when someone turns 18 they can revoke or change any decisions they made
7 before they were 18. There is no clear way to work around this limitation.
8 Avenj, I'm sorry about this and hope that you'll stick it out and run for a
9 trustee position after you turn 18.
10
11 I also checked on the non-US-citizen issue, and fortunately there is not a
12 problem having non-US-citizens as trustees.
13
14 Also, I've changed my mind and decided not to serve on the board of the NFP.
15 So we will have the following board:
16
17 Klieber
18 Carpaski
19 Pfeifer
20 G2boojum
21 Seemant
22 Dmwaters (in place of avenj)
23 Zhen (in place of drobbins)
24 Agriffis
25 Swift
26 Pauldv
27 Method
28 Azarah
29
30 This keeps the number at 12 people. I'll wait for 20 or so hours to allow
31 for feedback from dmwaters and zhen and then pass this list to my lawyer to
32 use as the official trustee list.
33
34 Regards,
35